Wasn’t there suppose to be a Anna Wintour documentary hitting cinemas to coincide with the release of Vogue’s infamous/over-sized September issue? Oh well, we’ll take Unkle Karl over any crazy fashion editrix anyday(although, I would like to know why she needs so many Hermes scarves).
Last Thursday night at a secret venue in Soho, a few members from the press were treated to the first glimpse of the Lagrfeld-Confidential docu-film. Directed by Rodolphe Marconi, it provides a glimpse in to the life of one of the most influential designers of the 21st century. Marconi was allowed into the life of Lagerfeld for two years and was given access to a number of important events. There is a lot of mystery surrounding the creative director of Chanel and many rumors circulating regarding his past(so scandalous). This film sheds light on many of these issues and reveals a very different side to Lagerfeld than the one portrayed in the press.
Laregerfeld-Confidential hits theaters October 26, but if you’re dying to see Karl’s bowl of silver rings you can get a sneak peak here.
- New Chanel Biography Coming Soon: Coco Chanel: An Intimate Life by Lisa Chaney
- Coco Chanel: The Legend and the Life by Justine Picardie
- Behind the Scenes Video of Karl Lagerfeld and Rachel Bilson’s Magnum Ice Cream Films
- Karl Lagerfeld Creates Chanel Métiers D’Art Pre-Fall 2009 Paris-Moscou Silent Film
- Karl Lagerfeld Directs Rachel Bilson in Magnum Ice Cream Ad