Last week photos surfaced on the internet of some behind the scenes shots of Karl Lagerfeld and Claudia Schiffer shooting the Chanel 2010 Spring Ad Campaign. This is not the first time Karl used Claudia as the face of a Chanel campaign, and we most recently saw her as the face of last year’s cruise collection.
Claudia Schiffer is certainly a woman aging gracefully who is beautiful and a great role model for shunning plastic surgery. That said, I don’t get why she has been the face of Chanel campaigns – she doesn’t seem the Chanel type to me. I feel like she’s lacking that certain “je ne sais quoi” to make her the representative of the brand. Mlle. Chanel herself used to choose models that looked similar to her -more brunette than blonde. Let’s hope that this doesn’t become a habit for Karl…
- Claudia Schiffer for Chanel Prestige FW 2011/12 Eyewear Collection – Behind the Scenes & Campaign Images
- Vanessa Paradis Replaces Lily Allen as the Face of Coco Cocoon
- Alice Dellal Is The New Face of the Chanel Boy Bag Collection
- Vanessa Paradis Named the Face of Chanel Lipstick
- Elisa Sednaoui Featured in the New Chanel Eyewear Campaign