Earlier today I reviewed the Chanel Joaillerie collection which pays homage to Coco Chanel’s 1932 Bijoux de Diamants collection that was inspired by celestial bodies. Later on, I reviewed the spring-summer 2012 haute couture collection that simulated a commercial space shuttle but it wasn’t until I saw the actual presentation video below that I saw the connection.
This is purely my own hypothesis, but I’m betting that Karl Lagerfeld is paying homage to Coco Chanel’s 1932 Bijoux de Diamants collection through haute couture fashion. It’s just a hunch but must me more than coincidence, no?
The video below also gives us some much needed close-ups of the hair pieces and the nail polish which looks like a shimmery powder/sky blue.
- Chanel Fall-Winter 2011/2012 Haute Couture Collection: Les Allures de Chanel
- Then & Now: Chanel Fall-Winter 2011/2012 Haute Couture Design Inspiration
- Video: Staging of the Fall-Winter 2013/14 Haute Couture CHANEL Show
- Chanel Fall-Winter 2013/14 Haute Couture Collection
- Chanel Spring-Summer 2013 Haute Couture Collection Video