Blake Lively, the face of the Chanel Mademoiselle bag collection last year was hand-picked by Frida Giannini to be the face of the Gucci Première fragrance – named for the Gucci couture line started in 2010. The interweb is abuzz with this and I thought I would share my two scents (ha! pun intended).
Beautiful as she is, I never really considered Blake Lively a “Chanel” girl and I think she’d be a better fit for Gucci. I think the problem is that it seems too soon. Many models and celebrities lend their faces to different products – I just think the timing is not so great here. In the end, I think Chanel wins in this scenario because it opens up the bag line to be represented by another beautiful face. I just hope Blake didn’t ruin it for the rest of the American ladies. What do you think about all this?
- Chanel Mademoiselle Handbag Spring 2011 Look Book
- Blake Lively – The Face of Chanel Mademoiselle Bags
- More Images & Video of the Chanel Mademoiselle Bag Campaign Featuring Blake Lively
- Blake Lively in the Chanel Mademoiselle Handbag Campaign
- Blake Lively for Chanel Mademoiselle – Ads & Behind the Scenes