In 1913, Chanel opened her boutique in the French resort town of Deauville. To commemorate the 100th anniversary, Chanel will host the upcoming Chanel Resort 2014 collection in Deauville. Karl Lagerfeld told WWD: “My idea is to hire a train, have dinner on the train, do the show in a ballroom and go back at night,” he said. (WWD) What a wonderful way to commemorate the anniversary!
Chanel has also announced that the next Métiers d’Art show will take place in December at a secret location in Edinburgh, Scotland. (Vogue UK) A few months ago I wrote about how Rosehall, an estate that Coco Chanel shared with the Duke of Westminster that was being converted into a hotel. When I first heard that the Métiers d’Art show was taking place in Scotland my first thought was that it would take place at Rosehall. Alas, the show is taking place in Edinburgh and I can only imagine that it’s because Rosehall is in the countryside in Northern Scotland. I would be surprised though if having the show in Scotland was not influenced at all by the time she spent there with the Duke of Westminster.
- Chanel Métiers d’Art Paris-Edimbourg Update & Predictions
- Coco Chanel: The Legend and the Life by Justine Picardie
- Flash Back Friday: Coco Chanel’s Scottish Getaway Gets a Facelift
- Chanel Métiers d’Art Collection 2012/13 Paris-Edimbourg at Linlithgow Palace
- Chanel Métiers d’Art Paris-Édimbourg Prefall 2013 – Edinburgh, Scotland