Last week I mentioned that the upcoming Chanel Métiers d’Art Collection 2012/13 collection was going to be shown in Edinburgh. Today, Chanel announced that the Chanel Métiers d’Art Collection 2012/13 collection will be shown at Linlithgow Palace, near Edinburgh at 6pm on 4th December.
Linlithgow Palace, originally the majestic royal palace of the Stuarts, dating back to 1424, and birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots, now a ruined castle, will provide a spectacular backdrop for the collection which will be presented within the walls of the palace.
Karl Lagerfeld chose Edinburgh because he was inspired by the rich heritage of CHANEL in Scotland, and the skilled craftsmanship of Scottish tweed and cashmere, that are an integral and iconic part of CHANEL’s collections today. Together with the recent acquisition of Scottish knitwear brand Barrie made Scotland the perfect location for a collection that celebrates craftsmanship.
The Métiers d’Art Collection is my favorite collection of the year so I’m looking forward to this show. We’ll be seeing lots of tweeds and knitwear I’m sure and I can’t wait to see what surprises Lagerfeld has up his sleeves!
- Chanel Métiers d’Art Paris-Edimbourg Set at Linlithgow Palace
- Chanel Métiers d’Art Paris-Edimbourg Update & Predictions
- Chanel Métiers d’Art Paris-Édimbourg Prefall 2013 – Edinburgh, Scotland
- Chanel Métiers d’Art Paris-Edimbourg Show Details and Atmosphere
- Chanel Métiers d’Art Paris-Edimbourg Show Invitation