Last November I mentioned that the upcoming Chanel Resort 2014 collection will take place in Deauville to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the opening of Coco Chanel’s first boutique. While it appears that he is now showing the Cruise collection in Singapore, Karl Lagerfeld is directing a Chanel film featuring Keira Knightly as Coco Chanel. Though shooting in Paris, he plans on recreating the seaside town with “detailed retro sets.” Chanel’s aunt Adrienne (pictured above on the right with Coco Chanel) will be played by French actress Clotilde Hemse. The film will also feature Stella Tennant, Tallulah Harlech, Caroline De Maigret and Brad Kroenig and his son Hudson. The film will debut in May along with the collection.
- Video: “Once Upon A Time” Trailer with Keira Knightley as Coco Chanel
- Chanel – Public Garden – Directed by Karl Lagerfeld
- “Coco Chanel” on Lifetime Review
- Interview with Anne Fontaine, Director of “Coco Before Chanel”
- Chanel’s Upcoming Show Locations: Deauville Resort 2013-14 and Scotland Pre-Fall 2013